Let me help you turn your messy draft into a story you feel proud of.
A Manuscript Evaluation is a high-level story analysis that tells you what's working, gives you an overview of things you could improve upon, and lays out the exact next steps you can take to improve the quality of your draft.GET ON THE WAITLIST →
A Manuscript Evaluation is a GREAT next step for you if:
- You have a finished (or a nearly finished) draft, but you don't know what to do next. You know you need to re-work some things, but you don't know where to start—so you haven't really done anything
- You've sent your story to beta readers and now you have a bunch of notes, but you don't know what to do with them. The notes aren't that specific, and they don't really tell you how to fix what's wrong with your story
- You've been querying your novel and getting nothing but rejections. You wish someone would help you translate the rejections so that you take the next steps and finally share your story with the world
"I loved working with someone who was so invested and interested in what I was doing."
"I loved working with someone who was so invested and interested in what I was doing. Doing the 60-minute follow-up call was especially helpful because Savannah was able to validate some of the ideas I had after reading her feedback on my story. If you have the money, it’s worth investing in working with a developmental editor, at least once, so you can really identify your weaknesses and find specific ways to fix them. Thank you so much for all your time and thoughtful comments, Savannah! I'm so happy I shared my story with you!"
Here's What You'll Get:
#1 - A big picture analysis of your story so that you'll know what's working and what needs some improvement.
This deep dive into your story focuses on key elements such as genre, character development, structure, point of view, theme, and setting. By the end, you'll know exactly what's working, what's not working, and why.
#2 - An editorial letter that tells you exactly what to focus on so that you don't have to worry about what to do next.
I'll give you my recommended next steps for revising your draft plus the order in which you should take them. These steps will be prescriptive and actionable, allowing you to focus on writing rather than worrying about what to do next.
#3 - In-line feedback on your first chapter that highlights what you're already doing well plus what can be improved.
I'll dig into your first chapter to see what's working, what's not working, and why. I'll look at things like scene structure, showing vs. telling, dialogue, gaps in logic, info-dumping, etc., and provide suggested edits.
#4 - A follow up call with me to discuss my feedback and your next steps so that you feel confident moving forward.
During this 45-minute coaching call, we can brainstorm plot points, flesh out characters, problem solve continuity issues, dig into your worldbuilding, or anything else you need to get moving forward. You'll get a recording, too!
#5 - Additional exercises, reading materials, cheat sheets, and other resources curated specifically for you and your story.
As a special bonus, I'll include a list of curated resources for you based on the needs of your story. This could include things like comp titles for querying, craft books worth reading, blog posts, and more.
The Result? You'll have a clear understanding of the current state of your manuscript PLUS a detailed roadmap for tackling your revisions.GET ON THE WAITLIST →
How Much Does it Cost?
Pricing is based on the length of your manuscript. If your story is over 120,000 words, please contact us for a custom quote.
"I'll be working with Savannah on everything I write in the future—she's amazing!"
"Savannah has an incredible sense of what works and what doesn't work without moving away from the heart of the story you want to tell. Her feedback was detailed yet easy to understand and implement. I loved being able to go over everything with her on our one-hour phone call, too. We brainstormed motivations for a few of my characters and talked through some of the politics of my story world. I'll be working with Savannah on everything I write in the future—she's amazing!"
(Read More Testimonials)
A Manuscript Evaluation is NOT a good fit for you if:
- You're looking for help with spelling and grammar. Copy editing, line editing, and proofreading are not included
- You write memoir, non-fiction, or poetry. My specialty is fiction, but I can give you a referral!
- You don't want to do a major overhaul of your scenes or story even if your draft requires one
- You'd rather ignore genre conventions instead of putting in the time and effort to innovate them
- You have a hard time accepting feedback or constructive criticism on your creative work
Questions? I've got answers.
How long does everything take? When will I hear from you?
Does a manuscript evaluation include in-line feedback on every page?
I want to edit my manuscript first, do you have any resources?
Do you edit all genres? What about non-fiction?
Do you edit outlines, short stories, synopses, or query letters?
Savannah is a developmental editor and book coach who helps fiction authors write, edit, and publish stories that work. She also hosts the top-rated Fiction Writing Made Easy podcast full of actionable advice that you can put into practice right away. Click here to learn more →