A NEW WORKSHOP FOR WRITERS:
How to Hook Readers in Your First Five Pages
Learn the 5 key things you need to include in the opening pages of your novel in order to hook the reader and make them curious about what's going to happen next.
You know that the first five pages of a story are the most important when it comes to catching readers' attention, but...
- Every time you sit down to write, you start to feel OVERWHELMED. There's so much stuff to set up in these first few pages, how are you supposed to fit everything in?
- So, you end up feeling STUCK on those first few pages, and maybe you even rewrite them a bunch of times, but they still don't feel like your best work.
- Because of that, you've probably BEEN TRYING to write your story for months but you haven't made any kind of forward progress.
- Plus, you want to AVOID some of the mistakes you’ve read about on the internet so that you don’t waste your time and energy. You want to get it “right” the first time.
- You KNOW that if you could just get over this hump, and finish these first few pages, you'd feel freed up enough to focus on writing the rest of your story.
Sound familiar? If you’re nodding your head YES, don’t feel bad. I’ve been there, too. And the same thing happens to almost every single writer I've worked with.
But it doesn't have to be that way...
Imagine what it would be like...
- To open a new Word document, Google Doc, or notebook and to NOT FEEL that crippling sense of self-doubt or fear about getting everything "right."
- To know EXACTLY what to include in your first three to five pages so that you no longer have to guess or scour the internet for the answers.
- To be able to EASILY start writing any story that comes to mind in the future -- without feeling stressed or overwhelmed about where to start.
I’m here to share the good news…
There IS an easier way to tackle your story's opening pages that doesn't result in overwhelm, procrastination, and worst of all.... never finishing your book!
I've helped many writers push past their first few pages and successfully finish their first drafts.
And now I want to help you do the same thing...
Learn the five key things you need to include in the opening pages of your novel in order to hook the reader's interest and make them curious about what's going to happen next.
Here's a preview of what's inside...
In this workshop, you'll learn:
- The 3 biggest lies that hold writers back (and how to avoid them so that you can finally make progress on your draft).
- Why the common advice of “start your story with action” doesn’t mean what you think (and what it means instead).
- The 5 things readers need to know in your opening pages so that they can feel engaged and eager to read more.
- How to plant the seeds of what’s to come starting on the first page of your story (and why this is important).
- Why you shouldn’t hold important information back from the reader with the intention of having a “big reveal” later.
- And so much more...
ENROLL NOW FOR $47
In the past, I've charged hundreds of dollars to work with writers on their opening pages...
But because you’re here and ready to take action, I’m going to make this an easy decision for you.
So, instead of its regular price of $197, I’m practically giving it all away…
Plus, you'll get access these incredible bonuses, too...
The 'First 5 Pages' Checklist
This simple, one-page checklist will help you stay on track with the five key elements as you write. When you're done, you can use this checklist to review your first few pages to make sure these key elements are there.
(a $47 value)
The 'How to Unlock Your Story' Worksheet
Working through these questions will help you understand the key elements of your story before you ever write a single word. Once you're done, you'll know exactly what to focus on in your opening pages.
(a $97 value)
An Annotated Guide to The Hunger Games
This guide points out examples of everything you'll learn in this course. You'll get to see how Suzanne Collins mastered these five key elements in the opening pages of The Hunger Games with this annotated guide.
(a $147 value)
When you add everything up, that’s a value of almost $500...
But when you enroll today, you’ll get immediate access to everything...
Total Value = $500
ENROLL NOW FOR $47
Real writers, real results.
Here's what other writers have said about the workshop...
Did I mention there’s no risk? You’re protected with our 100% money-back guarantee. If you don’t feel that the course has delivered on its promise, I’ll give you your money back, no questions asked.
Hey there! I'm Savannah!
I’m a developmental editor and book coach who helps fiction authors write, edit, and publish stories that work.
After many years of working with writers one-on-one (and struggling to write my own fiction) I know how overwhelming it can be to tackle those first few pages of your story. Especially when the feelings of self-doubt and perfectionism start to kick in.
But over time, I've learned a simple process for tackling those first few pages that allows me (and the writers I work with) to push through overwhelm, to narrow in and focus on what's important, and to finally make progress toward a finished draft.
And that's exactly what I'll be sharing in this workshop! Because I know that if I can push past the first few pages of my novel (and coach other writers to do the same), then you can do it, too.
I hope to see you inside the workshop!
Editor & Book Coach
You've got questions? I've got answers!
What’s exactly inside the First Five Pages Workshop?
Is this for fiction writers only? Does it matter what genre I write in?
I've never finished a draft, can this work for me?
Is the content available immediately?
What if I don't like the course or decide it's not for me?
Have another question? Send me an email at [email protected]
Grab the First Five Pages Workshop Now
Here's a reminder of what's included:
- Access to the 60-minute First Five Pages workshop that you can view on any device
- Bonus #1: The 'First 5 Pages' Checklist to help you keep your first five pages on track
- Bonus #2: The 'How to Unlock Your Story' Worksheet to help you flesh out your ideas
- Bonus #3: An Annotated Guide to the first five pages of The Hunger Games
Sign up for the workshop today and you’ll get access to everything for just: