A COURSE FOR FICTION WRITERS
Notes to Novel™
Learn how to confidently write the first draft of a story you feel proud of (without the crippling self-doubt, frustration, and overwhelm that stops most writers in their tracks)
GET ON THE WAITLIST →
You’re here because you want to write a book. And chances are HIGH that like most of the writers I’ve worked with:
You have a great idea for a story, but you don’t know how to turn it into a full-length novel that works.
- have some notes or even a basic story outline, but don't know how to turn them into an actual story
- suffer from self-doubt, and wonder things like, Am I even good enough or smart enough to write a book?
- feel creatively stuck and don’t know how to move forward. Something is holding you back, but what?
- have taken classes, read books, and listened to podcasts, but still don’t know how to write a book
- have spent years working on the same story, but you still haven’t finished an entire first draft
- worry that even if you do write a book, nobody will like it. And if that’s the case, why should you bother?
I get it. I’ve been there! And so have many other writers, just like you.
Even with the best intentions, most writers never end up finishing their drafts.
There’s a statistic that says 80% of adults want to write a book but only 3% ever do.
That means that 97% of people who want to write a book never finish.
Why is that?
Without a clear, step-by-step process to follow, most writers get completely lost.
They end up trying to piece together all sorts of information from the internet, craft books, and conferences, to learn how to write a book, but they still can’t figure it out.
And this can be irreversibly crippling.
Trying to write a book (and failing) takes a significant amount of time and energy.
And because of that, many writers spend years working on the same story, writing and re-writing the same chapters but never making any real progress toward a finished draft.
Most writers get frustrated, lose hope, and wind up feeling like they’re just “not good enough” to write a book.
And so they give up on their writing dreams altogether.
But it doesn’t have to be this way...
- Imagine having a proven roadmap that will show you how to take your idea and turn it into a finished manuscript.
- Imagine feeling confident and inspired to write when you sit down at your desk instead of overwhelmed, confused, and full of doubt.
- Imagine knowing exactly what you need to work on (and when you need to work on it). No more second guessing or spinning your wheels.
- Imagine having a finished draft that you can print out and hold in your hands, knowing it’s the absolute best you’ve ever created
This course will teach you how to confidently write a story you feel proud of without the crippling self-doubt, frustration, and overwhelm that stops most writers in their tracks.
I’ve taken everything I’ve learned from coaching authors across all genres, and channeled it into a comprehensive, step-by-step implementation program that not only teaches you the high-level theory behind writing a story that works, how to EXECUTE what you’re learning, too. This program includes:
30 lessons, across 6 modules, with step-by-step guidance on how to plan, outline, and write a high-quality first draft
Practical worksheets that accompany each lesson so you can make progress on your draft as you learn
Access to the FAQ library that houses answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about writing a book
“This process removed the overwhelm of writing a book by giving me the exact steps I needed to take to finish my draft. By not having to worry about what to do next, I was finally able to concentrate on my story and make actual progress. Now, I'm proud to say that I have a finished draft, and I'm currently seeking representation for my book!”
- Josh Thompson, Fantasy Writer
“Over the years, I've tried to write by myself and never made any kind of progress. I was frustrated and about to give up on my novel when I found this course--and I'm so glad I did. I learned more from working with Savannah than I have from years of my own research--and I finally finished an entire draft of my novel!”
- Amanda Norris, YA Writer
Be the first to know when the Notes to Novel course opens for enrollment!
“This course helped me turn my idea into a complete draft! I usually don’t plan my story before writing, so I was hesitant to sign up knowing there was a whole module on outlining. But, I have to say, after taking this course, I've totally changed my mind. This course showed me that planning doesn’t have to be super structured—it can actually be inspiring and fun!”
- Jennifer Wagner, YA Fantasy Writer
“This course improved my confidence when it comes to writing a book. I've taken courses on writing before, but each course focused on a specific skill like writing dialogue or world-building. None of these one-off courses taught me how to put all these skills together to actually write a novel. This course is different. The lessons build on each other, so you can really see how each element contributes to the overall story. I will definitely come back to this course every time I have a new story idea. It's great!”
- Mark Lowery, Thriller Writer
By the end of this program, you will have…
Nailed down the main genre of your story
so that you can write a story that works and delivers on readers’ expectations
Uncovered and refined your story’s theme
so you can weave it into your plot, characters, and setting and create a cohesive story
Developed a cast of compelling characters
and settings that your readers will fall in love with and want to visit over and over
Created a well-structured, yet flexible outline
that will be your writing roadmap and help you make twice the progress in half the time
Mastered the art of crafting strong scenes
so that you don’t waste your time (or your words) writing pages that go nowhere
Gained the clarity and confidence to finish your draft
in the most efficient, effective, and fun way possible (without getting stuck in the middle)
What other Writers Have Said:
“Well worth the investment! This course transformed the way I write and changed the way I look at stories. Each lesson makes me think about things I would have never thought about on my own. I learned how to build a strong foundation for my story that helped anchor me as I wrote my draft. What a huge help!”
- Elaina Pentler, Romance Writer
“I had a TON of ideas for a story but no idea what to do with them. I write fantasy so I usually get consumed in world-building or creating cool magic systems, but all that doesn't make a story. And it can actually get quite overwhelming. Savannah helped me cut through the noise and focus on what was most important in my story and I finished my first 100,000-word draft! So excited!”
- Laura Michaels, Fantasy Writer
Questions? I've got answers..
Do I need to be an experienced writer to take this course?
How far along with my novel do I need to be to take this course?
How long will this course take and what are the course dates?
How long will I be able to access the online course and modules?
How is the course content delivered?
What is the refund policy?
How is this course different from other writing resources out there?
This is a big investment. How do I know it’s worth it?
I don't live in the United States, can I still take this course?
Notes to Novel™ is PERFECT for you if...
- You’re just getting started and want to do it right. You have a GREAT idea for a book—but you don’t know how to get started, so you haven't.
- You’re SO over wasting time and energy trying all the different strategies you found online or in craft books. You want a proven path to follow so you can finish your book this year.
- You’ve started writing a draft already, but now you’re feeling overwhelmed, or frustrated with your progress. You’re not afraid of doing the work, but you’re confused about how to move forward.
- You have a first draft but it’s not great and you want to make it better before submitting it to agents or self-publishing. You’re open to change if it means writing a story that works.
- You’d rather spend time doing the things you love (with the people you love) than spend your time trying to figure out how to write a book.
I can’t wait to help you write your novel...
As a certified developmental editor and book coach, I’m super passionate about helping fiction authors write, edit, and publish their books.
After many years of working with writers one-on-one, I've developed a repeatable, step-by-step process that makes writing a novel feel less overwhelming and more fun. And that's exactly what I’ll share with you in this course.
There’s no fancy jargon. No overcomplicated strategies. Just clear, simple, and effective guidance that helps you finish your novel in the most efficient way possible so that you can finally share your story with the world.
So, if you're looking for a program that can save you time and money—and even make you fall in love with writing again—then, there's no better one than this!
See you inside the program!
“I've accomplished more in one month working with Savannah than I have in 7 years of trying to piece together information on my own. For me, the best part of this experience was getting Savannah's advice on my story. She understood what I was trying to do with my story and helped me get what I saw in my head onto the page. I finally feel like I'm on the right track and I couldn't be happier with my progress!”
- Casey Reynolds, Fantasy Writer
“Savannah not only gives you a step-by-step plan to follow, but it makes writing a book feel fun instead of overwhelming. If you want to write a book, but you can't get started, you need to take this course. This is by far the easiest, most understandable course on writing I've ever taken. Very well done. Just sign up, your writing will thank you for it!”
- Kevin Miller, Horror Writer